- We educate and advocate on issues related to the status and equality of women and girls, education, human rights, peace, justice and the environment;
- We provide local scholarships, awards and bursaries – over $136,000 since inception;
- We participate in worthwhile projects within our community and beyond;
- We teach The Seashore Program to grade four students, a hands-on educational experience using live intertidal animals; and
- We provide many opportunities for personal growth, friendship and fun.
SPEAKER SERIES and GENERAL MEETINGS
Meetings in the Speaker Series consist of a one hour talk on a variety of interesting topics followed by a social time with refreshments, and ending with a business meeting. Members, friends and guests are welcome at our Speaker Series and women may join the Club at any time during the year. We meet on the fourth Monday of every month from September to May at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Hall, 4235 Departure Bay Road, Nanaimo, at 7:00 pm.
*Please note that all CFUW events are fragrance free as is St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Hall.
In addition to general meetings, small groups of members join each other for discussion, activity, friendship and fun in a wide variety of Interest Groups. Members also participate in the Seashore Program, go on jaunts, attend special events and activities.
Members can also get involved with community projects or help to raise funds for our Scholarship Program.